Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tis the season!

I was so excited to kick off the holidays! I started a little early with the blog, I know, but I can't help it. I love the holiday spirit and I'm trying to deal with the sensationalism. I dread "Black Friday" every year because I work at a retail furniture store and deal with the bargain shoppers all day long. But, unlike last year, I went in with a smile and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It helps having fun people to work with- and a lot to do! We're awfully competitive there, so the contests are fun as well. Regardless of how fun it is though, I'm always sorry to have to miss all the stuff going on in town. Vernal has the BEST traditions ever with Holly Days. Every year it's bigger and better than the last, and this year was no exception. The city has craft fairs during the day, and at night there's a light parade, free hot chocolate and roasted chestnuts (SOOOO GOOD by the way...) and this year they added churros and cotton candy to the list of freebies- so long as you waited in line to get them. They do karaoke in the park and set up troughs full of burning logs so everyone can roast marshmallows while they listen. They had a Santa with a real beard and fire dancers too. I didn't get to see all of it, but what I did get to see was so much fun, unfortunately, I forgot my camera. That night they also had fireworks, but I didn't let the kids stay up to see them! I needed the break after getting them all wound up!After working all day on Saturday too, I took the night off and actually went to bed pretty early, only to wake up the next day ready to put up the Christmas tree! I got all the Christmas decorations out and got the house ready for the season...now if it would just snow!

4 comments :

Just me! said...

Ohhhhh!! Your tree is beautiful! Come set up mine.

Kandice said...

All your decorations are SO good. you are so talented. We just went to a few holly days things, Kayler was having a fit...maybe next year we will do it all!

Lucky Me said...

Holly days was fun, this was our first. There was so much to see and do, we only got to a bit of it. Bite your tounge on the whole snow thing. I could live without it ;-P

Jared-n-Cindi said...

I have to agree with you about Holly Days! This was the first year in a while that I took the kids to do things and I am sooo glad I did! Absolutely amazing what they put together and the fact that it is all free! How often does that happen anymore?! I love the decorations also! What a great time of year!