Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh the Snow!

I was amazed this morning when I woke up to the snow! I heard Jon get out the lawn-tractor to clear the driveway- with the blade on the front of course- but I had no idea he was clearing away at least 15 inches of new snow! And after all that, he still couldn't get his work truck up the hill in our neighborhood! It seemed that was just the precursor to the day... the bus hadn't shown up still at 8:00 this morning, so I opted to take Gage to school. Jon needed a ride to work after not making it on his own, so he drove over to the school and then to his work. On the way we hear on the radio that the schools are letting the kids out early because of the snow, and any child not at school already should not come. This, and I also had to work today... Not knowing what else to do, I went to work and asked if they would mind too much if I left for the day. I didn't have anyone to take care of Gage all day, and I had to get him from school anyway, which would take quite a while- it was just a mess. Ali and I came home, and we've been hermits ever since!
On my way home from picking Gage up from school, the neighbors were outside shoveling their driveway and asked why I wasn't doing the same. It made me think, but I could honestly tell them that I had NEVER shoveled a driveway EVER! My dad always did it at home (and my mom, I'm sure) and Jon has always made sure it's clear since we've been married. Just a little plug for my husband, he actually comes to my work on the days that I'm there and scrapes off my car and shovels me a pathway to it before he goes home! What a guy! So, there's another storm watch tomorrow, but I'm liable to go completely crazy if it's another half day of school because I've volunteered for a number (6) of children to come to my house after school, that's not counting my own, who could easily double that number between the two of them! Wish me luck!

5 comments :

Shauna said...

LOVE your snowy tree photo!!! I was out doing the same thing this morning after tennis...taking photos of the beautiful white! I am putting something together in just a minute to post on my blog!

Kyndi said...

As you saw...Edgar hopped past me while I was shoveling to leave so that he wouldn't have to lift a dainty little finger!! (He usally does it, but he was already WAY late-it was just funny) I still haven't been able to get out of the subdivision, hope the plows come our way soon...

The Holdaway Family said...

I am so ready for spring!!! We only got about 6 inches but that was enough for me to be mad! I too have not shoveled snow, I really don't think ever! Bruce is always so great to do that too! I am glad that they let you off of work!

Just me! said...

The snow was crazy huh!!! I haven't ever shoveled snow either but I do have to scrape my car off. It took me 20 minutes just to find my car!!

P.S.I don't think I ever got a 'snow day' when I went to school. Bummer.

The Durham Family said...

You princess - next time come and help a neighbor! JK