Friday, May 7, 2010

A Few of my Favorite Things...

It's a beautiful day, at least to look at. The sun is shining, the kids are even outside playing, but when I walked out there? FRIGID!!! What utter deception! I'm soooo ready for warm weather! I got a pedicure- which turned into more of a "refacing" - poor guy...and my pretty pink toe nails want OXYGEN! Come on!

I spent some time outside anyway, taking pictures and practicing with some of the photography tricks I've been learning. It's fun to try all these new things and have them actually work! And yes, all these things were in my yard! So, even though I am having a hard time braving the cold, the flowers are hangin on!And cute little Ali and her friend Rylee drew me some pictures today. I was quite impressed with the mermaids...but had to laugh when Rylee asked Ali why she drew "glasses" on the mermaids belly...Ali simply replied, "they aren't glasses, they are bras...to cover her boobies!" and then proceeded to tell me that real mermaids don't even have that, their hair covers them up under water... I'm so glad there is something to do now besides watch TV. Holy cow.

This is Rylee's version of Belle and the Beast:

Ali's Mermaid:Rylee, finishing her mermaid...

2 comments :

Cambria said...

LOOKS warm! I wish you lived closer so I could come do some chalk art.... I mean... take pictures... no, no I'd be doing chalk art with Ali- it's the kid in me! Your pictures are really good Steph!

Miss you!

Cambria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.