Sunday, January 30, 2011

January...

I have friends who say that January is their least favorite month of the whole year. I consider myself generally happy- but I'm understanding better what they mean. January is just a blah month. I'm ready for spring. I'm ready for my Robin to come make another nest in my tree and give me some beautiful blue eggs among the pear blossoms. I'm ready for the sun to actually create warmth, and I'm ready for my kids to be able to play outside. I want the green grass and flowers back! Part of my mood comes from being disorganized. I hate it when my house is out of order, and especially when I don't have the desire or energy to put it back in order- or- more accurately, I don't have the desire for the energy to put it back in order!   Some days it just clicks, and I'm able to get a lot done, but so many other days- seemingly all in January,  it doesn't, and nothing gets done!

That said, I have the most amazing husband in the world.  I know- everyone else does too, but Jon saw my desire and energy failing and came to the rescue.  I worked yesterday and he was there right before we closed to take me to dinner and a movie.  When we got home, he had actually gotten a babysitter, paid him and took him home...  when I went to change into my pj's, he had hung all kinds of hooks in my closet for my scarves and belts, and built me extra shelves for the mess of shoes I was dealing with.  He vacuumed- did dishes- even bought new dish towels!  It sure does make me feel better... and I'm enjoying a very relaxing Sunday now- trying not to think of the week I have ahead of me!  Thank you JON!!  I LOVE YOU!

Photobucket

5 comments :

Joey said...

Awe, that makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over! Good for you both!

Steve is golfing in St. George...enough said.

Cambria said...

Oh I WISH! That is so fun- I love it when our hubbies that are usually so predictable surprise us in such a HUGE way!

Caldwell Family 6 said...

How NICE! John has been helping me with several large projects the last few days. Isn't it so nice to have handy husbands??? LoR

Betsy said...

You know you are ruining his reputation by putting all this nice stuff out there about him! Gotta love that jonny boy!

Bonnie Tucker said...

Wow! Jon is an amazing husband. You are lucky.