Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Grateful today?

This is a hard one today- not to think about the things that may or may not have gone wrong yesterday.  I guess I can be grateful for the right to vote, though sometimes I feel like it doesn't matter if I do.  I could be thankful for the knowledge I have that the Lord will not give us trials we can not handle. I can also be thankful for a decent job, home, car and lifestyle, despite the state our country is in.  I am truly blessed to live in this world, at this time, even if things don't always go the way I think/know they should.

I remember being pregnant with Gage.  Every morning I would wake up, and I'd wait till I threw up to start my day.  I remember smiling to myself whenever I had my head in the toilet, cause throwing up meant I was still pregnant.  After the problems I had getting to that point, I was grateful for morning sickness.  I thanked the Lord every day, and couldn't have been happier to be sick.

Maybe that's a bad one, but it's one that really sticks out in my mind.  There are many reasons to be grateful, even though things aren't how we want them. 

No comments :