Sunday, September 7, 2008

Definately part of the family...

It's been a long week. I was sure the kitty was long gone, but she kept popping up everywhere. My poor (and favorite) neighbor Valerie ended up with her most of the time- (maybe your tuna fish is better than you-know-who's!) But, her family is allergic, and her daughter is still in the "squeeze it till it's eyes bulge" stage! She took it over to that other neighbor on two different occasions- both times that neighbor told her that it wasn't her cat. So, as only a good neighbor would, she brought it back to me last night- and after offering to take it to the pound to resolve the matter all together- I caved. The kitty is ours...OURS! Now, I've got enough guts to tell that neighbor that she needs to tell her daughter the truth about the cat... she has let her daughter believe that the kitten is theirs, and I don't want to be the mean neighbor who took it from her. Since "Shelby" will be mostly inside for now, she'll have to be told that it isn't hers. (Yes, it's Shelby now, Jon got to name her since he's letting us keep her- I like it better anyway- did you know he wanted to name Ali that?) So, case closed. Long hair or not, we now have another member of the family. I won't make it an unfriendly neighborhood over a little cat... but geezo! Get a life, right? Hmmmm. Maybe I need to follow my own advice.

2 comments :

Erin said...

you've got a couple of really cute kids! so glad that your daughter got to keep her kitty. you can tell she loves her. :) oh, and hi.

Ang said...

Aww these picts with Ali and kitty are darn cute! How fun! Rick and I have a grey kitty too!