Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Remember this day, 9 years ago...

That was then...When Jon came home from work today he asked me when our anniversary was. I rolled my eyes like I usually do, and said- "the 8th you dummy!" and his eyes got really big and he said, "it is the 8th..."

Yes, I forgot my anniversary. I didn't really forget, I just didn't know it was today. Horrible right? It was a little more comforting that Jon had no idea it was today either... but how disappointing! I've felt guilty and down ever since. I had such a busy, ridiculous day, if I would have just taken a moment, smelled the flowers, and thought about it, I would have been able to figure it out.

I've had a toothache for days now. So bad in fact, that I'm on perscription antibiotics and pain killers until the dentist can see me again, which isn't until the 21st!! I guess I can blame that a little for my mindlessness. I'm either in pain or high- I don't know what's worse!

So, I'll take the opportunity I have now to tell everyone who is bored enough to keep reading a little about my husband and me. It's funny, but we work- we fit together, even though we try so hard sometimes not to. We are a lot alike in some ways. We are both control freaks, neat freaks (though in totally different ways) and spenders! We are mortal opposites in so many other ways, but those things keep it interesting. I don't know sometimes how he puts up with me, and there are times when I don't know how I manage him. We just work. After nine years, we've figured a few things out, and I feel like I've never known anyone better than I know Jon. Yet, he still suprises me. He's an amazing father- I've never seen someone so in love with his kids, or playing the role of "Dad." I adore that- and love just watching him play with them. I'm signing up for the next nine- ah heck, I'm signing up FOR-E-VER... Happy anniversary honey!






On another note, this is yesterdays "Oh Ali!" This is the green box on our property in front of our house. I don't think it belongs to us, and I really don't know what's going to happen- but Ali decorated it with pictures of her and Gage holding hands. I would have hosed it off but it was so cute! No really, I would have hosed it off, but she used a SHARPIE! (and I guess it was pretty cute.) I called my mom, she thinks I should go buy a can of spray paint and spray it, but she wanted me to make sure to blog it first... OH ALI!!!

6 comments :

Kandice said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! We are going on 9 years too. We went to McDonalds for a happy meal for our 8th anniversary, so don't feel too bad!!!

Just me! said...

Ali's drawings are priceless! How funny! What a girl!

Ethington Family said...

Your Ali reminds me of my Jeb. Our Anniversaries are rarely spend doing anything amazing. We always manage to have fun, but usually it is nothing more than dinner or renting a movie. Exciting huh? Last year we went to a beach house with all the kids and invited his mom. It was fun and she watched the kids one afternoon so we could go out. I was pregnent though and not up for anything real exciting (morning/all day sickness). Half the time Brett has had to work our gone, so we just plan it for another day. I've never cared what day we celebrate, as long as at some point we do. You could always surprise him for tonight.:)

Stevens said...

Steph! It's your kinda cousin, Ha Ha. Dani Fowles Stevens! I was excited to see all your family had one of these blogs. You sure keep yours updated!:) Your kids are darling. I hope you guys are all doing good!

Lucky Me said...

Happy Un-Anniversary! Once you have kids the self-centered celebrations seem to dwindle. We are lucky to go out once every 6 months so we just say it's for our anniversary or a birthday no matter when it is. I love Ali's art. I wouldn't cover it until the utility company said something. But that's just the rebel in me.

Caldwell Family 6 said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Congrats to you guys, 9 years? Oh my, we are well on our way, time flys when you are having fun!