Saturday, December 20, 2008

Counting Down...

Yet another fiasco! My sisters wedding was beautiful. Yes it snowed, but even that was beautiful. The weather couldn't have been worse either, but we were there! Thanks to a very kind neighbor who saved the day! Jon and I got to the summit of Indian Canyon before we realized we'd left our temple reccomends home! Can you believe it? I can- totally! Everyone we talked to didn't think they would let us in without them- but I called and asked Valerie to go to my house in the DARK and get them out of our SAFE and she TOOK A PICTURE!!! of them and emailed it to us... and you know what? IT WORKED!!!! They even scanned the bar codes on the picture and they read in our names! Modern technology saved the day! And so did Valerie, thank you SO SO MUCH!!! But backing up, we had left our car at the dealership that morning to get some service done, so in between the wedding luncheon and the reception, we decided we'd better go get it back. BAD IDEA! The weather was so bad that it was literally stop-and-go traffic all the way. It took 45 minutes to get from 6th South to 5300 So.! So, needless to say, we were late for the reception. Oh well, there's only so much we can do, right? And believe it or not, I held it together! Really!
Even when Ali dumped barbeque sauce all down my dress at the luncheon!

Gage got to wear a tux, and Ali had on the cutest little dress. They both ate cake for dinner, I think they had 4 pieces each! And I FORGOT to bring in my camera! I couldn't believe my luck and airheadedness! After walking through the snow to get in, I wasn't about to do it again!

Alls well that ends well though, so on to the task at hand... one more week left, and we're home free, right?

7 comments :

Kandice said...

I thought about you yesterday. I'm sorry you didn't get a smooth trip. At least you were there! Glad you are home safe. You will have to copy pictures and post them later! I bet it was beautiful despite the weather.

{Jamey} said...

I know it took us 3 HOURS to get home from Salt Lake after the luncheon! I had to call my brother-in-law to get my son off the bus cause we didn't get home until after 5:00. It was crazy we went about 15-20mph most of the way home! Oh, and you really couldn't tell that Ali spilt all over your dress. You still looked beautiful! Good to see you!

Ethington Family said...

Boy, you have having some good luck, but I'm glad you got to go in and be there. I also am glad the wedding worked out. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Lucky Me said...

I'm so glad you were able to be there. I'm also so happy to help. I'm thirdly glad you got home safely,eventually. I'm sure noone notice the BBQ sauce;}

Kayla said...

That doens't sound good! I'm sorry! I wanna see pics of the wedding and of gage and ali all dressed up.

Just me! said...

Oh I hate it when that happens. It seems like once a trip starts to go bad it is that way until the end. Im sorry! And how smart to take a picture! I would never have thought of that! Im impressed!
Merry Christmas Steph!!

Kyndi said...

So...I just found your gift!! I've had it in my car for weeks and everytime I went to deliver it no one was home so I tucked it nicely behind my seat and never thought twice about it!! I'll be bringing it right down and I guess you can have an early Christmas decoration for next year!! Sorry, I'm usually not such a dork-