Monday, February 9, 2009

Us? Spontaneous?

Jon and I rarely get a Saturday off together, so when we do, it seems like a waste not to "go big." Our plan was to go to Park City and do some shopping and then to head down to Springville to stay with my parents. We love going out to the "city" to, if nothing else, EAT! We went to Chili's for lunch after deciding to go to Orem instead of Park City. My dad actually drove from Springville out to Orem and took our kids for the afternoon! It was so nice to spend time together- shopping without children! We spent the rest of the night just chillin' with my parents, and my sister and her new husband- it was so nice just to relax! The city is putting in a water line right next to my parents house, and left their machines out so we could take pictures!!! We came home Sunday morning, but it took us over 3 hours to get home! The snow was coming down so hard in the canyon- it was slow moving and there were tons of cars!!!
Once we got home, things quickly got back to normal. The kids calmed down quite a bit- they tend to find ways to embarrass me around my family! They really do act better when they're home- sometimes I wish it were opposite! It was nice to get away, even if it was only one night! Thanks mom and dad for letting us crash your weekend, and especially for taking the kids for the afternoon! It was well worth the drive, if only for that!

7 comments :

Joey said...

Are you kidding? Anytime. We love having you here. If we can get you to come by bribing you with babysitting then it's a deal! Love you!

Marlene Sheppard said...

I think that's what God made Grandparents for. Life just gets so hectic. I miss seeing your Mom and Dad, but it seems we just don't take time for the simple things in life like friends. By the way I think you are great Mom
bye..

Just me! said...

I'm jealous!! I love shopping, relaxing weekends. And for some reason driving home in snowy stormy canyons is one of my favorite things. Sounds crazy but true.

Ethington Family said...

that sounds like so much fun! I love spending time with just brett and seeing family. My kids are actually shy for the first hour at other people's home and then they do a good job of embarrissing me (mostly Jeb, and Kaze just won't look at anyone). Just so you know she is totally jamming to your music. I actually learned to dance before she learned to walk. Have a good one!

Caldwell Family 6 said...

Well can I just say you are a butt for not telling us you were coming down? Cole would have loved to see his little cousins and we wanted to see you too!!! Next time? LoR

The Durham Family said...

Steph, we all need to run away every once in a while - remember last Monday???? I am glad that you guys got a break - yucky snow though! Don't feel too bad about Gage and school - when I went in to help on Friday I was informed that Dallin "just gets a little full of himself sometimes!" GREAT!!!! Have a great week!

Cambria said...

time to update