Thursday, August 13, 2009

New neighbors, new mattress...



My little Gage couldn't be happier lately...we had some new neighbors move in with a son that is going into 2nd grade this year with Gage. They've been inseparable since we got back from Oregon, and I couldn't be more grateful for them! They have 3 boys and a baby girl, and I've already warned their mom that they will be really sick of us before too long! I'm having to pace myself so I don't scare her off! (Overbearing? Me? No....) We have so many things in common, such as the same 3rd grade teacher back at Rock Canyon Elementary in Provo! We both played HS soccer and both have a LOVE if not obsession with photography. Oh, but we we're talking about the kids...

Gage finally has a buddy with the same interests and hobbies. They build jumps for their bikes, they play outside for hours on end! They both have white hair and bright blue eyes! It was an answer to my prayers to have them move here, if not for me, but just for Gage. Dallin is a great example, he gets Gage active and makes it fun for him to be outside. He is darling with his little brothers and I've already noticed a difference in the way Gage treats Ali. I could get used to this, I only hope Jana and Joe decide Vernal is OK. (At least 2 years, I know they promised to stay that long!)

And talk about cutie-patootie...Dallins little brothers, Chase and Mason are two of the cutest little guys I've met besides Gage and Dallin. Mason is only 3, and he's already become my little buddy, and Chase, their 5 year old is going into kindergarten with Ali. (Lucky her! He's a doll!)
And last but certainly not least, I have a baby girl to love on, right in my neighborhood now! YAY! Aubrey is their baby, and she is the sweetest most easy-going little one I've ever seen...

I really can't say how much I needed them to move here. It would sound like I didn't appreciate the good friends and neighbors I already have- and it's not like that at all. But I'm so glad that Gage has taken as well to them as he has, and I hope with another good friend, this school year will be better for him too. There's nothing like that one best friend to help you get through it all.

The first day the kids actually got to play together, Jon and I had our new mattress delivered. I finally bought us a Tempur-pedic- and you're supposed to "break it in" by crawling on it or walking on it...I figured letting the kids jump on it would work, so they had a lot of fun getting it ready for us! Hope you all have a good week, and I hope you all are sleeping as well as I am!

1 comment :

The Holdaway Family said...

I am so jealous of your new mattress, we have needed one for a while now but it makes me sick to see the prices of them!