Sunday, September 27, 2009

Team Tucker Travels-

Last week was Ali's birthday, and between cooking dinner for the whole family and the rain, Jon and I decided not to go hiking- but we all missed it and couldn't wait to go today.

My choice was Jone's Hole. I wanted to get up there in the colors and take some awesome pictures. I've never been there, so I have no idea where it is. Jon didn't want to drive that far, so we went up to the Dinosaur Monument instead. There are a lot of trails up there, and a little tour you can drive, park at different stops and hike through. We saw some more petroglyphs, ones that are much more protected than the ones at McConkie Ranch. We hiked the scenic byway along the Green River, which was beautiful, but the kids wouldn't stop complaining. SO annoying...

We just kept driving through the monument till we found Josies Ranch. Jon used to hike there all the time when he was younger, and it was gorgeous. We saw snakes and lizards...and learned some history to boot! Another great adventure! There are so many things to discover around here!
Ali is ALL TUCKERED OUT!!! We went about 5 miles today- and it was HOT!

3 comments :

Melissa said...

You are so awesome!

Lucky Me said...

I second that. (Melissa's comment) I want a list and directions of all the places you guys go. I'm so jealous.

The Frewbys said...

My kids could explore up there all day, and try to catch the lizards.