Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's all over!

What a whirlwind Holiday this year! Did it seem like it flew by to anyone else? Now lies the daunting task of putting it all away. I've usually got it done by now, but I'm feeling a little bummed that I didn't get to enjoy it any longer, so the tree is still up, and the decorations are still hanging. Today it's snowing. I'm the Hallmark Card of cozy right now too. All wrapped up in my new electric blanket, sipping hot cocoa, and enjoying a little me time blogging. The kids are still asleep- apparently the new toys are not only keeping them busy, but wearing them out too! Talk about spoiled... my kids got everything they could ever want (till they see the next commercial) INCLUDING ZHU ZHU pets! And boy was that a joke...I waited in line at WalMart at 6:00 in the morning only to find out that they weren't giving them out till 7:00! I had to be to work that morning, plus I had to get the kids ready for school and on the bus! But it was worth it, they both have enjoyed playing with them. Gage has been in heaven the last few days playing with his K'nex that my mom and dad gave him. He's building the most mammoth roller-coaster set you've ever seen, and it's taken him days to get as far as he is! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! He LOVES it! Ali has been busily playing her DS and with so many other things to do, she hasn't gotten in nearly as much trouble. When she gets tired though, watch out...the spoiled really starts to show!
I am pitiful. I have been playing video games non-stop since we got home...Garett and Lisa gave us the New Mario Bro's game for the Wii and I can't stop! I seriously have sore thumbs! It's one I would definately reccomend those of you who ever played the original! It's like riding a bike! In seconds, it all comes back to you! Thanks you guys for making me even less productive! But seriously, we love it! You should really come visit so you can play too!
We were able to spend time with Jon's family too. His brother David was here from New Jersey and his sister came from Salt Lake to visit. We took the kids tubing at the Golf Course again and were surprised at our scaredy-cat kids who turned into dare-devils this year! They couldn't seem to get enough! If nothing else, spending time with our family is worth all the Christmas stress... but I'm going to say it again this year...next year I'll plan better! I've got a list of resolutions already started, but that's a whole different post!

2 comments :

Kandice said...

Glad you had a great Christmas! See ya next week!!! (or at church too I guess ;)

Bonnie Tucker said...

I love reading your blog and learning more about your family. I'm glad you all had a good Christmas. Maybe this year I can get some help on doing my blog. lol
How is David doing? I never hear anything about him. You have darling children that I would love to get to know. Maybe one of these days we can get to meet you.