Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What's up?

So it's been a while since I've posted anything interesting...and by interesting I mean visual. I now have pictures again and I couldn't be happier! I'm trying to remember everything I've taught myself in photoshop, but I'm still a work in progress. So, what's up? A lot really- schools out for summer and the kids are loving it. Thanks to a wonderful sister-in-law who at least acts like she loves them as much as I do! They've kept up on their chores (bribed by a fish tank and 2 fish at the end of the summer if they do...)  and they have workbooks they have to do everyday to keep their brains working.  They both start swimming lessons on the 5th of July, though we've been to the lake already twice since the weather finally warmed up!  They keep their life-jackets on, but it's always been a concern of mine, and I want them to be comfortable in the water, since that's what we do!

We had a great fathers day...we took it easy and enjoyed a trip up to Massey Meadow and the cave.  We took a little hike, on the "skinny trail" that led us straight UP the side of a hill and ended up turning around after a little while to come back down, but it was beautiful anyway!



My garden is growing, I bought a tomato plant that already had tomatoes on it, and I'm up to about 100 little  cherry tomatoes on it already.  Of course, they are all still green, but sooner than later I'll be enjoying my favorite summer treat...sweet garden fresh tomatoes.  I can't wait.  I have more zucchini than I have garden...so if anyone wants a great start on a plant, I have 3 more I'm willing to part with.   They're getting pretty big, so the sooner the better!

Gage started Scouts and he's loving it.  Tonight was his 2nd pack-meeting and he had earned 4 belt-loops at day-camp.  He was glowing!  I think it was as awesome to him as Christmas morning.   He's also taken up golf, and plays out in the fields by our house with the neighbor boys,  but goes through balls like crazy- today he came home and said he'd made a hole-in-one!  And some little prairie dog is wondering about his new furniture!

Ali lost a tooth!  Right in the front.  I don't know how many of you know, our little Ali has 3 front teeth instead of 2.  It's really the cutest thing, but the extra should come out soon, as it was just holding the place for her permanent to come in.  She's cute with missing teeth, but the unfortunate "big" teeth are already making their debut- I can only wait patiently for her face (and Gage's for that matter)  to grow into their teeth now! This picture is with our little Robin's nest.  The two little birds that made it were gone away one day, the nest was just too cute not to fill with magic potion-

I love summer, and despite the mosquito's, which deserve a post all their own, we're really enjoying it! 
We hope you are too!




Photobucket

1 comment :

Joey said...

I am SO glad that you are able to post with pictures again. It looks like you are having SO much fun this summer! The kids look like they are happy, happy! Can't wait to see you guys! XOXO!