Sunday, November 14, 2010

Joining the Grateful Train...

There are 10 more days before Thanksgiving this year, so I'm compiling a top ten list of the things I'm grateful for.  I've been giving it a lot of  thought, do you know how unbelievably hard it is to narrow such a long list to just 10?  I have been truly blessed in this life, and I am so thankful for all of my blessings, and all of my struggles too... they make us stronger.  Being Sunday, and coming home from a particularly uplifting day of church, the first thing on my list I'm grateful for is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I've been working all day on holding it together.  It's just been one of those days I guess.  I was considering ways I could get out of going to church, but couldn't come up with an excuse and decided I better go.  It's just what I needed.

I am the Compassionate Service Leader in our ward.  We have the most amazing RS Presidency and I am so glad that I get to work with them. (Before I had a calling, I literally begged our President to put me SOMEWHERE!)  I have loved being in RS as long as I have, and I've never felt the spirit as much as I do when I'm there.  I've learned that the very best way to get to know the ladies in your ward, is through their service.  It's amazing what can be accomplished through service, and how much it benefits everyone involved.

I'm grateful for the knowledge I have.  Without it, there wouldn't be nearly as many things to be grateful for.  With it, I know that my family will be together forever, that there is a reason to do good and be charitable.  I know that I'll see the ones I miss SO MUCH again someday, and I have the most wonderful network of people around me, no matter where I go.  The church is an amazing thing- and a very easy thing to be grateful for.
Photobucket

2 comments :

The Holdaway Family said...

I have been meaning to jump on this train all month long...you are so right though, there are really so many things to be thankful for.

There are so many Sunday's that I try to talk myself out of getting 5kids ready for church (and a hubby) but my sweet oldest daughter is the rock in our family. If we don't want to go she asks if it's okay to go with a neighbor, then I feel guilty and go...what would I do with out her?

Joey said...

He never said it would be easy, only that it would be worth it...One of my daily thoughts. I don't know how people get though difficult times without the knowledge we have. How very blessed we are to have been placed here, in the family we have and with the gospel that has been there for generations to keep us headed in the right direction. Thank you for posting your thoughts Steph, you are a beautiful person inside and out!