Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Seasons



This one, I've had to work on. It depends on the season too, and how long I've had to deal with the same thing. I love that the weather changes, I love that we get to experience all the changes that God intended. Ask me again at the end of February and I might not be so grateful...


A few years back, I was lucky enough to go to Hawaii with my Mom and sister, and Lor and Cami. It was amazing! I love the tropical weather, love the green and the flowers. There's nothing like it. While we were there I heard that the natives get a little tired of it. I know- WHAT? Who could possibly get bored with PERFECT? But then I started thinking. Although I may not love winter- and wading through ankle deep mud on the way to summer isn't always my favorite thing to do either- I would hate to miss it. Seeing my little piece of the world covered in a blanket of white snow- watching the leaves fall like giant snowflakes in the fall and feeling the crispness in the air when the seasons change is something I've taken for granted in the past. I may never grow a Japanese Maple tree in my front yard (heaven knows I've tried) and I may not be able to squeeze lemonade from lemons I grew for myself, but I get to see white Christmases and piles of leaves- my daisy's replace any lemon tree I'd ever have and I can live with that. Better than that, I can love it and be grateful for it!

Photobucket

1 comment :

Joey said...

AMEN SISTA!!! A perhaps learn to ski?