Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 19- Nicknames...

I've always had a nickname. Having a 3 syllable name often comes with a shortened version. I've had all the usual ones...Steph, Stephie, Stephers...even Step-on-me...

I think if my Dad would have had his way, my name would have been Stevie instead of Stephanie. From a very young age, I went by Stevie. Stevie D., and Stevie Remus. I never loved that nickname...and it still haunts me to this day!

I've been called many things- some not so nice, others quite endearing. I love "honey" and "mommy" the most. There's nothing better than hearing those names when the people saying them are happy to see me!


Photobucket

2 comments :

Joey said...

There will always be a few people that you will be forever "Stevie" to. It's not so bad, you could have been "Joey"...

The Holdaway Family said...

I never liked the Step-on-me nickname...I think Erin Peterson was the only one who really ever called me that!