Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 22- What Makes You Different From Anyone Else...

This one isn't easy. I think I work pretty hard at being "like" anyone else as far as a few things go. I think we all do- I, like everyone else have a few unique traits, but I don't really go out of my way to be totally different. I don't mean that in a bad way either, but sometimes life is just so much more enjoyable when you have things in common with others. It makes spending time with other people (which is something we all do) easier and more fun.

I do have a different creative gene than a lot of other people.  Creativity is something I've always nurtured in me.  It's such a gift to be able to have a mind for things that way, a gift, a hobby, and something I enjoy sharing with others.  Most recently, I've spent a lot of time with photography.  It's something I can do that shows my own "style."  I look at others work and before I would compare myself to them, but the better I get at what I do, the more "different" I am from others.  Rather than wanting to take pictures the same way someone else does, I like that my individuality shines through!

I have a horrible filtration system.  This may not be different from ANYONE else, but I feel like it is when I get going sometimes.  I'm talking about the filter in the brain- the one that's supposed to keep you from saying some things you shouldn't.  Usually the things I say are meant to be laughed at, but not everyone sees it the way I do.  I found out the hard way, if you say things you shouldn't, people are more inclined to say things to YOU they shouldn't.  It's a vicious circle that comes right back at you.  I've had to work on not getting offended when someone says things to me that I might be caught saying to them also!  Does that make sense?  I have been making a conscious effort to change that, it's not something "different" that I'm willing to be defined by!

We're all so different.  I'm curious to see what so many others of you would say makes YOU different from ANYONE else.  Aside from the way we look- it's harder than you think!
Photobucket

No comments :