Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Interesting...

It all started when Gage wanted to ride his dirt bike on Sunday. Jon told him no, because it was so cold and windy, and Gage then proceeded to have a conniption fit to where he actually kicked a hole in my living room wall! He is usually very easy going, agreeable, and obedient...but something went off inside that little 9 year old brain of his, and the "Tucker Temper" reared it's ugly head.

I've been watching him a little more closely lately, worried that this beast inside of him is going to frequent us more often, but so far- so good. Maybe being grounded from riding his dirt bike was enough to get him to keep that temper in check- and after dealing with "that" Gage, I was pleasantly surprised tonight to receive a call from his teacher.

The funniest thing was the look on Gage's face when he saw her name on the caller ID. He was obviously nervous and his eyes widened to the size of golf balls. He looked at me and asked, "Am I in trouble?"

Oh no...(yet another proud mommy moment) his teacher (whom I have LOVED) just called to tell me how much she loves having Gage in her class, and how lucky we should consider ourselves that he's ours. She reminded me how talented and smart he is, and read me a birthday card Gage had carefully typed out for her- such a sweetheart. He's reading the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books right now, but whenever they go to the library, he checks out any book having to do with leopards- (his FAVORITE animal.) He is starting a fund for trees. Yes...he's collecting money so he can buy more trees for the leopards to live in, many of their species are becoming extinct. Now you know!

There are so many things that impress me with this kid. He's a natural at everything. Right now his passion is basketball. He loves to play- in fact, tonight he came home from scouts and complained because everyone told him he needed to pass the ball. He told me- "Mom...they kept passing it to me, so OBVIOUSLY they wanted me to have it, right?" Hmmmm... a little more competitive than I thought? But what killed me was his vocabulary.

The fact that he knows these big words, and actually uses them correctly?  Just the other day when he called me at work, I told him that I had to go, because there were a hundred people in the store, and he said, "literally?" It actually took me off guard...I can imagine something like "for reals?" or even, "seriously?" but literally?  I love it!  He's such a little stud- cute as can be.  I really don't mind if he's an animal loving nerdy boy that doesn't date till after his mission...but I'm thinking I may not be so lucky.  Can you imagine?  He'll be a senior in High School when Ali is a Sophomore.  There are going to be some parties going on at our house...and who knows- maybe my kids will actually like each other by then!
Photobucket

2 comments :

Joey said...

Raising sibs that actually "like" each other. That was something I could never figure out. I got a couple of things right but that wasn't one of them. Hope you can get it down. Gage is a great kid. I hope that he doesn't grow up too fast! It is hard for me to believe that he is 9! See you this weekend...

Kyndi said...

cute kids!