Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm in LOVE!

Ok, I've been in REAL love for a little more than 12 years now...between Jon and my awesome kiddos, no innate object can compare...just a disclaimer for my husband who will surely be reading this soon...

But- I bought a new camera and I am so excited about it! I've not used it much yet, but I did take a few pictures of my daughter and I am blown away! I zoom in and it's tack sharp- the color is beautiful, even the noise it makes (and doesn't make) is awesome! I love it!

For all those photography nuts out there, I bought the Nikon D90- many of my friends have the same camera and love it as well. I did my research- (and studied my income...) and short of the D700 (which I have a coveting problem with) it's the favorite out there! I'll be shooting with it tonight- a senior session- my favorite!!!

I also bought a new camera bag- Jon thinks I'm nuts, but I was as excited about it as I was the camera! So stylish! It's so pretty! I just couldn't wait anymore for the Pioneer Woman to pull my number! I took this picture of Ali, and edited it very slightly- just lightened it sharpened it...
I'm so excited that the camera is doing what I tell it to do in manual mode!  I used a 50mm lens, at f/2.8.  It was overcast but still bright so I spot metered off the highlights in her face and then overexposed 2 stops.  It made for the creamy skin tone and highlights in her eyes.  The internet ALWAYS dulls your photos, so as a tip from another photographer, I always sharpen, even if it doesn't look like it needs it in photoshop.  I don't remember my exact shutter speed, but I think it was around 1/750.  Fun, huh?
Photobucket

5 comments :

Caldwell Family 6 said...

Sounds like a lot of jiberish to me, you see, I am camera inept. But, sounds way fun. And judging by Ali's picture, looks like an awesome camera!!! Have fun with it!

{Jamey} said...

Good Choice! I reseached cameras too and almost bought the D300 when I read that there wasn't much difference between the D90 and D300and the D90 was much less. You might as well save your money for lens' :) Beautiful picture of Ali too!

The Holdaway Family said...

I am so happy for you and now that you have a nikon I can learn from you :)

Betsy said...

Lets see a picture of that "stylish" camera bag! I mean Ali is cute and all but lets see that bag!

Joey said...

Hahaha! Love the subject matter! Can't wait to get together for a picture taking frenzy!!! Soon?