Monday, September 26, 2011

Our "Stay-cation"...

I worked a lot this summer. It was great for the paycheck, but I felt like I really missed out on a lot of family time. Usually we do a small-ish vacation, but we weren't able to this summer. We've been coming to Snowbird now for 4 years and I think we finally got it right this year. Usually we come at the end of the week, Wednesday-Saturday, but this year decided to try the Saturday-Tuesday thing. I had no idea there was such a draw on the weekends! Oktoburfest is something else! I didn't take any pictures the first day and I'm sad I didn't. The kids did all the fun stuff while we watched- and I forgot my camera! They did the trampolines, the mechanical bull, the air bungees, rock climbing and the ropes course. It was crazy busy- and I've never seen so many irresponsible DRUNK parents. Most of them had a huge beer stein in one hand and a small child in the other...and car keys in their pockets! But who am I to judge I guess...

We spent hours at the zoo too. I love the zoo probably more than my kids do. They were thrilled to see all the animals, but I don't know if they were as excited as I was! We surprised them, Jon said we were going to walk around and look at "imports." And the last thing they were expecting was the ZOO!  I loved the Tiger exhibit.  It was amazing to see these HUGE cats so close!  Gage loves Snow Leopards, and they had one just hanging out in the shade, come to find out the poor thing had just had kidney stones, and was recovering from surgery!   Today wasn't nearly as fun as the zoo, but I felt like I was in one all day- we had to get a few warranty things done on our car and spent the WHOLE DAY at the dealership waiting for it.  Needless to say- I'm going home tomorrow with a new car.  Call me crazy- but I'm really excited!  I thought I was going to throw-up for the most part of the day...but feel better now that I've made a decision- even if it's not one that anyone likes but me!

I love the fall weather.  It's been wonderful up here, not too hot- a little chilly- perfect for long sleeves and hot chocolate in the morning.  This was the view tonight from our room-


Love it!  Wish it never had to end! 

Photobucket

3 comments :

Joey said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Finally the weather was too good for words! Love the pictures at the zoo. I'm thinking that we need to have a day just to go and take pictures somewhere fun. Be thinking...

Joey said...

Oh and in case you have never been told or perhaps it just slipped your mind a "stay-cation" is when you STAY HOME at your house, in your neighborhood. Snowbird and Oktoberfest, even the zoo does not fit that description... AND A NEW CAR? Let me guess, Land Rover?

Just sayin.

Cambria said...

HA I showed Rozzy the picture of the tiger and she went "RRRRAAAAARRRR" hahaha

I think that she likes Tigers