Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Tough Week...

I know, it's been a pitty party at my house, and I'm sure my family is ready for it to be over.  It just seems like when it rains, it pours.  It's currently monsoon season here, and I'm ready for some sunshine!  Last week I turned on my computer, and it died.  I thought the battery was just dead, so I started it up again and it wouldn't boot.  A year ago I lost everything stored on my hard drive, all the pictures, music, videos, and things I had stored.  I would have NEVER thought it would happen again!  But, it did.  My hard drive is completely erased.  I had a back up, but it quit backing up in like January.  I have so many "coulda, woulda, shoulda's,"  but the bottom line is, since January, I won't have anything.  All my family pictures, pictures of others I'd been working on, all my Photoshop actions I've bought, and the scrapbooking downloads I bought too.  I had so many good intentions.  I was going to get an external hard drive, but I wasn't using hardly any of my memory and I kept the pictures cleaned off after I finished sessions.  I just can't believe that it's all gone.  Again.  I had to pay 50 bucks just to talk to someone on the phone- and I've got a second set of disks coming to see if I can fix it and not have to take it 3 hours out of my way.  Here's hoping.

We were invited to pick pumpkins at a friends home this year.  They had a ton, and they were so nice.  We ended up with 11 pumpkins lining our front porch, the kids were so excited!  This morning we woke up to 4 pumpkins on the front porch and the rest of them smashed in the road, our driveway,  our yard and the neighbors yard.  I felt horrible, Jon just kind of laughed and said that he used to smash pumpkins when he was a kid, and at least they left one for each of us.  Jerks.

Life happens, right?  I just wish it would happen on my terms.  I'd take the bad if there was good too- but it's hard not to feel sorry for yourself when bad keeps happening!  I read this and think, "really?  How lucky am I?  If that's really as bad as it gets, I should be thanking my lucky stars!"  So, maybe it starts here, a change in attitude!

Thanks for still reading this Mom! Love you!

Photobucket

5 comments :

Shauna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shauna said...

I'm reading too. SO sorry! :( Challenges make us stronger right? I keep telling myself that!!!!

Joey said...

Oh man, I was hoping that it wasn't going to be that bad! In a very small way a similar thing happened to me with my phone...Lost everything, all my contacts, pictures, videos, messages, emails etc...Verizon could do nothing to help me. It was just GONE. I can't even imagine how you must feel. I think that I am bound to crash mine soon with all the Pinterest stuff I do!

I will call you and we will commiserate together, that always make ME feel better!

Michele and Wyatt said...

Sorry about your computer Steph. Did you check the computer guys in town to see if they could help you. I think Techris Design, and AM Computers are pretty good. Hope you have a better week next week.

Cambria said...

I am sorry sister I am feeling the down pour right now too with being sick and having a sick baby- why can't the sun ALWAYS shine? Why can't things always be good and easy and happy? WHY WHY WHY???

I LOVE YOU though and you are always there for me making it a little brighter so thank you for everything you do to help the sun shine on me!