Sunday, December 30, 2012

Can a girl get a break?  Really- this year has been hell when it comes to my teeth.  First of all, I promise I take good care of my teeth.  I brush, I floss, I even use mouth wash with gross hydrogen peroxide in it- but to no avail.  In 2012 I had 5 root canals.  Each one turning into an emergency- each one causing more and more pain than my body could handle... and I've had kids!  Four of the ill-fated issues were caused by the same infection.  Within two weeks I had been under the knife 4 different times.  It's been several months since then and last week I had to have another because one of my old fillings had caused my tooth to break.  I wouldn't have expected anything could be worse, but today I am suffering from another abscess.  It's on a tooth I've already had a root canal on!  What can they do now?  I'm so tired of all of this!!!  If I never see a dentist again once I'm out of the woods on this latest one, it will be too soon.

I'm really ready for all my Christmas to be taken down.  I'm just not willing to do anymore of it right now.  I only have one more tree to take apart and I'll be done, but I just keep putting it off.  I haven't had a day off since the 26th- today is Sunday- I realize I'm not at work today- but it is NOT a day off for me.  I think I started having a bad attitude about Christmas when I started working in retail.  People can make or break your holiday- and we always have those customers every year that swear you've ruined their Christmas, no matter how much they are to blame themselves.  People- if you want something particular, you need to start shopping earlier, so you have plenty of time in case it needs to be ordered!  I cannot control these situations!

I did have a very good experience despite a bad situation.  I had a customer I had spent hours with who ended up buying a lot.  A large entertainment center and a living room set.  He wanted to surprise his wife and thought it would be fun to buy them for her.  In the meantime, he got a phone call explaining an issue with his taxes.  The next day he came in and apologized, but had to cancel the entertainment center.  I didn't think much of it, in fact I understood the issue completely.  I was ready to just return it, and give him his money back- and he opened his wallet and handed me a 100 dollar bill.  He told me that even though he couldn't buy the whole thing, he wanted to pay my commission.  He knew I wasn't working for fun- and wanted to make sure all my work was at least covered.  Such a nice man- and though I tried to refuse it, and told him it was absolutely unnecessary, he managed to leave the store 100 dollars lighter.  I would never expect it from anyone in this situation.  Things come up, things happen, I understand.  I couldn't believe how thoughtful he was!

Though I will be working both New Years Eve and New Years Day this year, I'm looking forward to starting a new year.  I'm ready for a new start- who knows what the next year will bring!

1 comment :

Joey said...

I can not believe the trouble you have had with your TEETH this year. Honestly, you need to start looking for a job with a dental office...Free dental work (if the dentist is nice), no late nights, no weekends, NO HOLIDAYS!! Insurance, and a retirement plan :)

I still have one tree to take down to. I can't seem to find the energy to get it done. Maybe today...