Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Consider yourself Blessed...

It's hard to admit, but it took a funeral today to remind me how lucky I am to be part of an amazing family.  Even though circumstances were less than ideal, it was so nice to see people I don't get to see often- people I don't get to see, period.  I truly am grateful for my family- and I loved seeing them today.

 My mom's Uncle Bill passed away last Saturday.  I always knew him as Uncle Bill, but he was more like a second Grandpa to me.  My Grandpa and his brother Bill, married my Grandma and her sister Choral, so brothers married sisters.  My mom has 3 brothers, but she's the only girl- however, because of the extremely close relationship between the two families, her cousins are more like "sisters" to her, and I've never known them as anything but Aunts. Even the 1 headstone has all four names on it.  Grandma, Grandpa, Choral and Bill.  I've never known any different, Uncle Bill and Aunt Choral were as involved, and as much a part of my growing up as Grandma and Grandpa themselves.  Needless to say- this was a bittersweet funeral.  Uncle Bill has joined his sweet wife, my Grandma, my dear Uncle Bruce, darling Dani, and my favorite cousin, Julie- but he's left Grandpa here- and I hate to think of my Grandpa being lonely!

Grandpa Bob
Uncle Matt, Mom, Grandpa Bob, Aunt Chris, Aunt Nancy, Aunt Deb and Aunt Mitzi



2 comments :

Joey said...

It is almost starting to seem like more fun on the other side!!! (Sometimes). I talked to dad the other day and he is lonely. Uncle Bill filled up a good part of his days. He has a lot of good friends to lean on right now and a lot of hobbies that will keep him busy. One thing is for sure, he is not the kind of person to feel sorry for himself. He will accept the changes without question and move on. I just LOVE that guy!

Cambria said...

MOM LOOKS TALL in that last picture... and I LOVE the picture of Grandpa- he's such a good man. LOVE him, LOVE you!