Sunday, September 15, 2013

Nothin a little rain can't fix!

I love the rain!  I love the cooler air!  I just wish it didn't mean winter was on it's way!  Although I am praying for a wet, snowy winter, I don't know if I'm ready for it to start!  My garden was a success this year... we ate corn, tomatoes and zucchini till we were sick of it, and I still have an entire countertop covered in zucchini!  The kids have been in school for a month and before I know it, it'll be fall break. 

Ali turns 10 this week and I'm a little sad about it.  She's definitely not been the easiest in her 10 years, but I have a feeling we're not even scraping the surface yet.  The older she gets, the older I get.  I'm worried I won't be able to keep up!  I think it's going to be fun to watch she and Gage mature into teenagers and adults- but I wonder if I'm ready for the ride!

 Work has been busy enough that they've decided to hire another guy.  Things will be a little different now- I'll be working less, I'm sure I'll be making less- but that's really OK... working 4 days a week instead of 3 was kicking my rear end!  It's hard to believe that one extra day could change so much- but it does!  I'm glad I'll get to be home as much as I'm supposed to be- and though I love my job- I do love my kids more!




1 comment :

Joey said...

I am jealous, my garden was awful this year. It got some sort of bug in it and all of my plants really struggled. I don't know if I want to try it again next year. My flowers do so much better. Your garden looks SO beautiful. I wish I had a hubby that liked doing little projects ( and big ones ) in my yard...

I am glad that you are working less. Gage and Ali will be to. They love having you home. Believe me I know how hard it is to go from 3 days to 4! Try 4 days to 5. No don't, EVER...

Glad you are coming down next weekend. It will be good to see you.