Sunday, February 9, 2014

Lessons I Learn From My Kids...

So. Girls can be mean.  Ali is a girl, so I know this.  She's a pretty tough cookie, but when she came walking down the sidewalk from the bus last week 5 feet in front of her little friends, and they were whispering behind her, I wasn't at all surprised to see the big alligator tears brimming in her eyes when she came up to the doorstep where I was waiting for her.  I wanted to get after those two little girls so badly!  But, I know that never helps.  Addi and Ali met last year in Salt Lake when we went out for the boat show.  We were staying in the same hotel and found out they were from Vernal too!  Addi's mom and I took our time getting them together, but eventually we were able to- and come to find out, they live right across the street from Grandma Anah.  Anyway, we called to see if Addi could play, and she was as excited as Ali to come spend the afternoon.  They play together so well, and I love Addi's easy-going personality.  They decided to make cake pops with one of Ali's Christmas presents, and you know what they did with them?  They took a big plate full of them over to those two little girls who were mean to Ali earlier that day.  Would I have done that?  Probably not.  I don't hold grudges, but I'm not great about apologies, or putting myself out there when I've been treated badly.  Ali teaches me a lot... I was pretty impressed with this lesson. If only she'd listen to me when I'm trying to teach her fashion sense!

1 comment :

Joey said...

That's my grand daughter!!! Kill 'em with kindness. Nobody can ever say bad things about somebody who is always nice. Ali is a very "NICE" little girl. I think that other "not so nice" little girls are jealous of that. GO ALIANAH :):):):)