Sunday, May 31, 2009

To be a kid again...


I had so much fun this weekend. Melissa and I can pick up where we left off whether it's been minutes, days or years- and even though our lives have changed so much and we live so far apart (150 miles, or if you are from Utah- 2 1/2 hours) it seems like I'm back in the college days, hanging out, enjoying the company. Both she and I woke up a little sore from our trip to the lake yesterday. It was Melissa who made me love wave runners- we used to take every chance we could get to go on the lake with her dad! Now, I get to return the favor, at least a little while she's here! My kids had so much fun- and I have never seen them take to friends so easily! Jordyn and Gage are each others new BFF, and Ali and Maegan were inseparable, like sisters in soooo many ways! ;-) I know that no matter what we do together, Melissa and I will have fun, and so will our children!

We watched our kids play and I couldn't help but think how nice it would be to be in their shoes. They have no idea how lucky they are to just play- to even be bored! Summer brings with it a lot of excitement- and we're ready to take it head-on! Thanks Mel- for helping us start it off on the right foot!

No comments :