Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Crud...

I can't stand being sick. It's been a long time since I've felt this crappy, but I guess it's my turn. Staying in bed all day has given me plenty of time to think. I just wish I'd have thought of something worthwhile. I'm reading a lot... finally I'm getting into The Lost Symbol, the whole book is the climax so it's hard to put down! And I've been putting it off cause if I read, nothing else gets done. Luckily, I've not been able to do anything else...so no guilt!

The kids start their last week of school tomorrow. I'm so excited to have them home, to not be on anyone's schedule at least a couple days a week! I've got my work cut out for me this summer though, it's not a free ride. My sister-in-law and I are buying the kids workbooks, to keep them on track for the next school year. Ali forgets things over the weekend that she learned the week before, so it's going to be interesting trying to keep her on track. My goal is to have her confidently reading by the time she goes back. She does really well right now, but she's so close to figuring it out, I'd hate for her to forget! And Gage goofed off a lot through the year...he never passed a 5 minute timed math test, not even in simple addition...by the end of the summer, he'll have both addition, subtraction and he'll be working on his times tables...I'm sure it will be so easy! Schedule, schedule, schedule...

There are so many things to look forward to! My little sister is having her first baby, my brother and his wife will be having their first, and who knows? Maybe there will be more announcements? C'mon girls...I'm closed for business, so you guys need to make up the difference!

I AM going to work tomorrow...sick or not...Please....NOT.
Photobucket

3 comments :

Melissa said...

Sorry you've been sick. I love, love the new background. Where did you get this stuff? Hey, I'll be emailing you tomorrow about the other blog...watch for it!

Joey said...

If you are sick tomorrow you need to stay HOME! They will have to get by without you, you need to get better. I am glad that you have had the weekend to rest and read. It is nice to be able to do that now and again. Call me and let me know how you are doing tomorrow. I should be home about midnight LOL!

Caldwell Family 6 said...

Sorry you are not feeling well! No fun. But, really I agree with your mother, take advantage of some downtime! Hope all is well for you guys up there! Did you get that jump drive and movie? I am so sorry that I had it for a year!!! It has been in the zip pocket of my diaper bag the whole time, and I have the diaper bag with me everywhere I go, but do you think I could remember to get it to you??? Lame. LoR