Monday, November 3, 2014

It's about Time...

It's amazing how quickly time flies.  I hear it all the time.  I've been told never to take time for granted.  Cherish the time I have with my children, treasure moments spent together...blah blah blah.  While that's all fine and good- it's led me to many guilt-ridden hours away from my kids, at work- with church callings or just to "play" with friends.  I've learned something over the years.  While it IS important to spend as much time with my family as I can- the time I'm able to spend needs to be QUALITY.  This said- we're now heading for the holiday season, and once again- even though I swear every year I won't be working retail NEXT year.... I'm doing it again.  I will be spending the majority of my time at work- doing my best to enjoy it.  Working hard has paid off financially, but some days I think being poor sounds better than working so much.

Gage and I have a great relationship.  I let him play his computer game and he loves me. We beg for him to go places with us, and sometimes he does.  He's getting too old for mom and dad- too cool to hang out with us, but the relationship is still good.  Every Monday morning is "late-start" at Gage's school.  They start at 9:20 or 9:30?  I don't know, he just has to be there by 9:15.  So, we go to breakfast.  Every Monday.  It's my time with my boy...a slightly unhealthy way to make memories, and the one time each week I know he's got a full stomach when he goes to school.

Ali and I do tons together.  She still loves her mom and thinks I can do anything.  She lets me do her hair, she lets me play with make-up.  She still tells me everything.  Why do they have to grow up?  Last night I went outside to find her and she and RyLee were playing dolls on the front porch.  Dolls!  I love that she still plays dolls!  I just wish I could keep life the way it is right now... it's probably the best it's been raising kids.  I love it. I love them!

Halloween was awesome.  We didn't have to do "Trunk-or-Treat" cause our neighborhood is HUGE!  The kids went door to door just around here and ended up with a ton of candy!  We took them a few other places, but they were happy with what they got!  Gage didn't let me get pictures of him, but his costume was kinda lame... he waited too long to decide what he wanted to be!  But, Ali's costume and make-up were awesome!





No comments :