Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A New Year!

I'm excited to start a new year!  
And I always love an opportunity to write goals, lists and whatnot to try to keep myself on track!
I've noticed in years past, it's been easier to narrow down the things I need to work on the most.  I've been able to sum it up into one word or statement, but not this year.  Maybe it's because I need to be more specific- or I just have that much more to work on, I don't know.  I DO know that I feel pretty strongly about the things I've decided to write down this year.
1. FOCUS.  Whether at work, at home, or anywhere, I need to train my brain to focus.  I am horrible at details.  I can't remember what I did 5 minutes ago, which makes finishing a project I've started a bit of a joke! And I transpose numbers and letters all the time.  I never used to do that- so I KNOW I can fix it! 

2. FAMILY.  My kids are growing up so fast.  Next year they'll both be in Middle School.  Ali will be wearing make-up and Gage- well, Gage won't change much I hope... EXCEPT- I do want to spend more time together.  Less time with electronics!  I don't want the iPad raising my children.  I don't want YouTube to have more of an influence on my kids than me!  Working 3-4 days a week has taught me that I need to make quality time for my family- cause there may not be quantity.

3. ME.  It's time.  I don't need to run marathons or lift my body-weight.  (NO ONE needs that!) But it's time to start taking care of me.  I used to love exercise!  I loved the burn!  I loved trying new healthy things.  So what happened?  I have NO idea!  But I've been avoiding "me" for way too long!  It is NOT my goal to lose a bunch of weight.  If I can run a mile without having a heart attack, but don't lose a pound, it will be awesome.  

4. CHURCH.  I love my calling.  It has so much creative potential and I intend to bring it a lot more this year!  It's a great outlet for me- and I really enjoy the girls and other leaders I work with.  I also plan on being more forthright with my Visiting Teaching.  I am NOT great at getting chatty with the ladies I'm supposed to visit, but my plan is to make, and take them something every month.  Whether or not I take the time to talk long- I will at very least have something for them.  EVERY month.  And most importantly- I will be even better this year about paying my tithing.  I'll pay it first, and always.  Hmmm... sounds a lot easier than it is.

I know there are so many more things I want to improve.  A little more... a little better, to paraphrase the saying I keep on my fridge.  Let's have an amazing 2015!!!


No comments :